Terms and Conditions
By placing an order, the Hirer agrees to these general terms and conditions:
- Period of hire – The equipment will be set up in the afternoon on the day of the booked event and collected after 10am the following day unless otherwise arranged.
- Set- up times – 1pm – 5pm on the day of the event. Hirers will be allocated a 2 hour window for arrival and set-up.
- Pick-up – If the equipment is not available to be picked up before 1pm of the day after the event, Teepees & Tassels reserve the right to charge the Hirer for extra usage, pro rata to the daily rate.
- Delivery charges – A delivery fee will be charged to areas outside of the Cape Town Southern Suburbs and City Bowl.
- Payment – A deposit of 50% of the invoice value is payable upon confirmation of a booking. Payment of the balance is due not later than one week prior to the event. If payment is not received on time, Teepees and Tassels reserves the right to treat this as a cancellation.
- Cancellation – If the Hirer cancels the booking, Teepees and Tassels shall be entitled to charge cancellation fees as follows:
- 14–30 days before the event – 25% of the invoice amount.
- 7–14 days before the event – 50% of invoice amount
- 1–7 days before the event – 75% of the invoice amount.
- Within 24 hours of the start of the event – 100% of invoice amount.
- Postponement – If the Hirer elects to postpone the event, and Teepees and Tassels is able to accommodate a new date, then the Hirer will be charged a postponement fee at one half of the cancellation rates as listed above.
- Acceptance of Delivery – The Hirer is responsible for being present to accept delivery of the equipment, either personally or by an authorised nominee. The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage resulting from equipment being delivered to an unattended premises or location at the request of the Hirer.
- Set-up – The Hirer is responsible for indicating clearly where the equipment is to be set up and dismantled. Teepees and Tassels will take every care, but shall not be liable for any damage to the site, site access, and/or furniture or personal belongings at the site. All floor areas must be clean from dirt and dust before set-up commences.
- Condition of Equipment – The Hirer is responsible for checking the quantity and condition of hired items against the invoice upon delivery and should contact Teepees and Tassels immediately to advise of any discrepancy or damage discovered. Notice after the event will not be considered valid and the Hirer will be liable for any shortage or damage not reported.
- Damage – The Hirer is responsible for the cost of repairs to or replacement of equipment damaged during the hire period. If at any time during the hire period the Hirer considers the equipment to be faulty, it is the Hirers responsibility to contact Teepees & Tassels by telephone to report the problem. Teepees and Tassels will have the right to repair or replace the faulty equipment as soon as practicable during the hire period to the reasonable satisfaction of the Hirer. The Hirer should not attempt to repair the equipment without prior consent of Teepees & Tassels. Call out charges, relative to the time of day, will be due and payable if the equipment is found not to be faulty as claimed by the Hirer. The business will not be liable for any loss, damage or expenditure incurred by the Hirer due to short or faulty equipment.
- Cleaning – A cleaning charge will be applied to all equipment returned dirty @ R40 per piece of equipment. This will apply to all hire equipment. Linen does not need to be washed, however if returned stained or excessively dirty a cleaning fee will apply. All hire equipment; linen and bed sheets need to be returned dry.
- Liability – Teepees & Tassels will not be liable for any claim for personal injury or damage to property, unless it is proved that such injury or damage was caused by faulty material, workmanship or negligence on the part of Teepees & Tassels. The Hirer indemnifies Teepees and Tassels against claims arising from any such injuries or losses suffered by itself or any third parties. The Hirer acknowledges that much of the equipment hired is of a flammable nature and undertakes to take special care to ensure that no lighters, matches or open flames are allowed in the vicinity.